Tuesday, June 21, 2011

HEART BEAT & LIVING - poetry from Nadia Glasheen

LIVING 

Nadia Glasheen

They say you only live once, but I don’t think that’s true,
I think you live twice, once when you mess up and once more when everything you dreamed of comes your way and makes you happy,
There is a purpose for life and the reason for living because without a heart we are mere machines programmed to work on time.
We are our own person and we live for a purpose,
Everything happens for a reason,
so be the person who has a reason to live!

HEART BEAT

I know where I am, know when to start and when to finish,
I may stand alone, I may walk in a crowd, but I can still hear the crossing bliss of a beating heart,
I look twice but I can see, I follow the noise but its not getting any louder,
its staying at the same beat and melody.
Then I close my eyes to find the answer and I open up to reach out and touch it
- its my own beating heart calling out to say I am alive and I beat only for you.  

THE AUTHOR: Nadia Glasheen, 19, from Moyross says her poetry is "about what goes on in the heart of a teenager going through everyday life." Up to now she's kept her poems to herself. "I guess it was kinda hard to write about myself in poems but as time went on I got into the hang of it, and I never gave up," says Nadia.
She began writing two years ago: "I started when I was working with the Monks in Moyross, and they handed me a diary to write a bit about how I’m feeling for everyday, but I was getting bored of that so I said i will just write a poem."
And so a new talent is born - we'll feature more poems from Nadia next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment